Saturday, April 05, 2008

Catching Up On Lost

After not having seen a episode a month ago, I now find myself nearly caught up to speed on the ABC hit Lost. I finished season three a few weeks ago and I've spent the last two weeks catching up with enhanced repeats of the first two episodes of season four. It looks like I may have to watch about four episodes on the computer to get fully caught up, but that'll be a small price to pay to actually get to enjoy the end of season four in real time when it gets started in a few weeks.

To any potential commenters, please don't bombard me with spoilers - I'm two episodes into season four, and we've just met Daniel, Miles, Charlotte, and Frank. My McBlogging buddy posed the question of why this team was formed when he blogged back during the episode's initial airing and it seems quite obvious to me. Charlotte is clearly some sort of anthropologist/archeologist with knowledge of the Dharma initiative and polar bears in unusual places. Daniel is the physicist, capable of understanding the unique electromagnetic properties of the island. And Miles has his paranormal skills - perhaps so he can talk to Jacob and unravel the other mysteries of the island?

Then there's Frank, the pilot, who part of me can't help but wonder if he was somehow drawn to the island after not piloting Oceanic Flight 815 as he was supposed to. The supposed mission of this team- to bring back Benjamin Linus- seems a bit too simplistic for me. There's certainly more going on than just wanting Ben, but I'll be damned if I know what it is. The great thing about Lost is that for all the mysteries that have been revealed, plenty still remain and plenty more remain to be discovered. I don't know if it's just me, but there seemed to be honesty in his voice when Ben told Locke he didn't know what the black smoke was.

More on Lost later perhaps, before the second half of season four kicks off.

1 Comments:

Blogger McMc said...

You kind of answered your own question. I mean, I knew everyone's skills and their potential reasons for being sent to the island, but it didn't seem to make much sense for a simple mission like catching Ben. When you ask, "There's certainly more going on than just wanting Ben, but I'll be damned if I know what it is.", you had already written your answer..."Charlotte is clearly some sort of anthropologist/archeologist with knowledge of the Dharma initiative and polar bears in unusual places. Daniel is the physicist, capable of understanding the unique electromagnetic properties of the island. And Miles has his paranormal skills - perhaps so he can talk to Jacob and unravel the other mysteries of the island?
"

And no, I didn't spoil anything. It's just you failed to put two and two together.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home