Friday, October 26, 2007

The Great Big Blogger Disappearance

It's been almost four weeks and I've just got to get back into this blogging game. There's a lot of other things I should be doing this afternoon, mainly involving employment, both for my current job and for a potential future job. But it's Friday afternoon, 24 hours of rain is looming, and damn it, I'm just not motivated to be doing anything I'm supposed to be doing.

From my own personal point of view, this blog has been a success. I attracted a few outside readers, but this was more about my own sense of personal fulfillment more than anything else. I don't believe that any one individual can change any other one individual's mind, so I never really looked at this blog as an evangelical tool so to speak. Rather, this blog was about getting my own ideas out there, dispersing my own cohesive view of the world that didn't seem to be represented anywhere else in the web or the print media.

I slowed down when I was half-crazed and studying for the bar exam and I never really picked things back up. In part it's been because I feel like I've been telling the same story, over and over and over. I'm against the war on drugs, I'm for open immigration, and I'm against national health care. I despise the nanny state and I was pro-war back in 2003 but have become disillusioned to the point where I just don't feel much of anything said about the war is very productive.

The question is, where do I go from here? For now, I'm just going to try and get back into blogging, period. Rather than plan on any specific directions, I'd rather let this blogging thing take it's natural course. I suppose I can start by seeing whether or not any of the half-posts I started but never published can be salvaged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home