Monday, August 07, 2006

Brief Thoughts On the Connecticut Democratic Primaries

Just a few thoughts going into tomorrow's Democratic primaries here in Connecticut:

* Predictions on the winners? Lamont and DeStefano - At this point I'm more confident about Lamont winning. I heard some news clips of Lieberman's attacks on Lamont from this past weekend, and he sounded just plain desperate in attacking Lamont as a "float with the political winds" sort of politician. Also- the hundreds of messages from Joe Lieberman supporters on the answering machines of Connecticut residents will probably hurt more than help. I got two from Bill Clinton alone last week. I'm picking DeStefano just because he's followed the Lamont model.

* My gut feeling is that Lamont won't have enough to beat Lieberman in the general election. And I'm not really going out on a limb when I say neither Malloy or DeStefano is going to defeat incumbent Republican governer Jodi Rell.

* The Lieberman-Lamont campaigns have gotten just plain nasty. A plague on both their houses. It's too bad the libertarians aren't running anyone in November. (Or at least, if they are, I wouldn't know it from their awful Connecticut webpage.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home