Thursday, January 15, 2009

Headlines That Made Me LOL

It's not as funny on the web, but take my word for it, the headline of this piece in the print edition of USA Today read, "EPA Nominee Vows To Rely On Science. I'm sure it's meant to be a not-so-subtle jab at the Bush administration, but come on. Wow, science huh? At the EPA? Who would have thought. Now that's what I call news.

The other funny headline, courtesy of buddy McBlog, reads Obama tells daughters he ran for president for them, all children. Excuse me while I choke back the tears. Actually, all I can think of is yet another great Simpsons moment:

Skinner: And now, because the children our are future, here
are the children or Springfield Elementary, with a
song they call, "The Children Are Our Future."
Children?
Children: [singing] Children, Children. Future, Future.
Milhouse: Are you ready for the ...
All: Children, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Lisa: The future is a ...
All: Comin' hey, hey, hey! Children, Children. Future,
Future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home