Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Lion, The Pics, and The Warlords

From the "Well, duhhh" department of today's Hartford Courant: Subtext Provided In Violence Over Cartoons: Islamic Expert Says Satire Fed In To Fears

There are plenty of people eager to use any opportunity at their disposal to continue this propaganda that somehow Islam is under threat from the West," said Reza Aslan, author of the book "No god but God: The Origins, Evolution and Future of Islam.

The really interesting part of the story is the Islamic expert named Aslan. I especially enjoyed the blurb at the bottom of the page:

Aslan is scheduled to speak on the future of U.S.-Iran relations today at 5:30 p.m. at the Mark Twain House and Museum, 351 Farmington Ave., Hartford.

The questions now on my mind- 1) Is Aslan a Muslim? And 2) I shudder to think how the Muslim world will view future Narnia movies, should they be made, in which the righteous armies of Narnia square off against the evil armies of Calormene. I also believe the last book in the Narina story, The Last Battle, contains specific images of the Calormene God Tash.

My, my. What Would Aslan do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home