Saturday, August 27, 2005

Putting new meaning to Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed"

Apparently, the band Slipknot (or perhaps the bands management) deemed it necessary to sue Burger King for copyright infringement over the fast food giant's new Chicken Fries campaign. (Thanks to Overlawyered for the link.)

If I remember my Slipknot correctly, the band's first single contained the memorable lyrics, "Inside my shell I wait and bleed." Meanwhile, Coq Roq (my, how clever) the Burger King band in the chicken suits, encourages us to celebrate, "One nation under Chicken Fries." Maybe Slipknot's biggest fear is that they'll mistakenly be associated with such a heinous proposition.

Ignoring the fact that the adds are absolutely terrible to begin with, the lonely libertarian still wonders what Slipknot was thinking. It's hard to see the connection between the grotesque masks actually worn by the band and the stupid chicken suits worn in the Burger King commercials. Hopefully this judge knows his heavy metal.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like Burger King. But I like Slipknot :)

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home