Friday, January 30, 2009

Stimulus Nonsense

I've blogged very little on the most recent economic stimulus before Congress because if you care about such things, talking points are being blasted from every orifice of the mainstream and the alternative media. I'm certainly frightened, but I just don't have anything to add that every libertarian blogger out there hasn't said already.

In terms of the Democrats, the entire plan reeks of crass opportunism, but the Republicans really aren't much better. After eight years of bowing to every single Bush budget item, I can't help but thinking that these "no" votes are simply about looking to ahead to the 2010 midterm elections. And as I mentioned before, the pork gives seemingly everyone an out when this turns out to be a colossal waste of money. The question is how long people are willing to put up with this crap. The last stimulus package didn't cost any politicians their job and I'm not to keen that this one will either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home