Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Costs of Cruelty

From ESPN, Dogs seized in Vick investigation face deadline, could be euthanized.

Am I the only one wondering where the Dog Whisperer is ? This seems like the sort of thing Cesar Millan lives for- rehabilitating violent and aggressive dogs. It'd be nice ... poor, poor dogs.

In all seriousness though, this is why animal rights activists are just plain lazy, scummy, worthless bastards. They can find the time to protest circuses and stage other PR stunts, but they can't take the time to save abandoned pets or help abused and neglected animals that are going to be put to death? I call bullshit on all of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger McMc said...

I agree that animal rights activists can be a little nutty, but I can't say I agree with you this time. The fact is, these dogs have been trained to fight and I'm assuming they are very aggressive. Animals rights activists generally aren't full time activists, they have other jobs and responsibilities. A lot probably wouldn't even know how to train a dog that aggressive. Heck, who knows if these dogs can even be brought back from being trained killers? This is a touchy subject and I think maybe your personal feelings are getting in the way. If someone out there has a big enough heart to try to help one of those dogs, God bless 'em. If no one steps forward, I say, who can blame them?

4:44 PM  
Blogger lonely libertarian said...

Maybe I'm being a bit over the top, at least in regards to these dogs. I don't know the real specifics of their conditions, nor do I know the economic of the situation.

That being said, animal rights activists are not just a little nutty, they're pretty damn nutty. They protest circuses and they protest the horse and carriage rides you can now take in old Wethersfield, but far more often than not they don't do anything worthwhile. It's just feel good bullshit. If you care enough to spend the time protesting horses pulling a cart, why not put that energy into something really worthwhile- like smoking out dog fighting rings and uncovering actual animal abuse.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home