Thursday, October 02, 2008

All I Know Is That I Don't Know - All I Know Is That I Don't Know Nothing

Here's what I think I may have heard somewhere .. in a dream or something. Your regular, run-of-the-mill, FDIC insured banks are doing quite well, or in other words, our checking accounts are safe. And the risky, supposedly under-regulated hedge funds have not run into the same litany of problems that are facing the major investment banks.

So what I'm trying to say is this- In terms of stringent regulation, the hardest hit seems to fall somewhere in the middle of the spectrum. So, if someone tries to tell you that this financial crisis was simply caused by either too much or too little government regulation, then they're probably full of shit.

Unless of course, I'm dreaming, stupid, or both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home