Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Not Enough Information

Really, really, really good post from Jane Galt at Asymmetrical Information on George Bush, terrorism, and civil liberties. If only the rest of the world could be so ... reasonable.

Her comment about not posting on torture and wiretapping, ect. rings true here, mainly in regards to the war in Iraq, of which I have been a reluctant supporter. The truth of the matter is, I don't quite know what's going on there, and depending on who you listen to, we're either making steady progress or we're inches away from an all out civil war. When people ask me when I'm going to change my opinion on the war, the truth is, I really have nothing on which to change my opinion- Just a lot of propaganda and slogans from both sides.

Updated 9/22/06 @ 10:40 AM : Just to comment more briefly on the war- my major assertion has been that history will validate the war in Iraq. And I can't be proven right or wrong on that claim for ... well ... at least 10 or 20 years. Of course I think I'm right, but I don't purport to be the final judge on history while the war is still occuring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home