Friday, August 19, 2005

A Personal Story for the Food Police

This Randy Balco post made the lonely libertarian think of the following personal story to tell the food police:

During my first year of law school I put on about 20 pounds. This was probably stemmed from a combination of a lack of exercise with an excessive consumption of fast food and other unhealthy snacks. A typical late afternoon lunch might consist of some sort of a large chicken sandwich, a large fries, and some sort of $0.99 or $1.00 cheeseburger. The point being, In order to relieve the stress of being a 1L, I’d order as much food as I could stuff into my mouth. I don’t know what constitutes a serving size, and I certainly didn’t care after a long day of work and law school.

Go ahead and have the government order serving sizes cut in half. Hungry people will just order 3, 4, or 5 cheeseburgers. People who order fast food regularly will know exactly how much food they want to eat and order accordingly, "serving sizes" be damned.

On another personal note, the lonely libertarian has taken off those 20 pounds in the month or so since knee surgery. How? Mainly by abstaining from fast food and other unhealthy snacks while changing my eating habits. The point of course, is personal responsibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home